Thursday, February 8, 2018

2018 Weekly Fitness Recap - #5

Holy crap what a week! It flew by, and it left me tired! This was a double race week! First up - the Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon. Finished the week with my annual Hot Chocolate Run.


      WORKOUT RECAP : JANUARY 28 - FEBRUARY 3    


Day 28: Plan: 11 mi | Actual: 13.20 miles
What a long day! I got up at 5am to get ready for the race. I had laid everything out the night before so it wasn't too hard to be ready. All I had to do was decide on what to wear. I ended up with leggins and a tee shirt with arm warmers since it was going to be sunny (granted, I decided to change to capris when I got there). Overall the race was great! Running on my ol' stomping grounds of White Rock Lake was perfect and familiar. It was also amazingly great to run with my buddies HC and MW the entire time, which helped at the turn around (it was an out and back course) and later when we all stopped talking and was focusing on our run. I ended up finishing first, even though HC paused so that we could catch up and we could finish all together. My official finish time was 02:40:27, which is great considering I hadn't run this far since last March! After the race we all had tacos for breakfast before heading home to get clean. I had to work the rest of the day (till 6pm), and I wore crappy shoes. Thus, my legs and knees were tiiiiirrrreeed!What was nice though was The Hubs and I had our 3-month-married date out one of our favorite restaurants. Yum!

Day 29: Plan: XT | Actual: 0 minutes XT
Oh, boy. I was so tired. The Hubs and I pretty much made this a complete rest day, which was what we both needed.

Day 30: Plan: 45 min run (or a 5k run) | Actual: 3.11 miles
Slow 5k. I remember having sore muscles. 

Day 31: Plan: XT | Actual: 0 mins XT
Dude. I have no clue what I did this day. Other than daydreaming about sleeping, that is.

Day 32: Plan: 45 min (or 5k run) | Actual: 25 Mins XT 
I woke up late and didn't get a run in before getting ready to do things with my Mom. The big things was picking up packets for everyone for the Hot Chocolate Run. Ram Racing does a great job at organization, which makes it breeze to get things picked up. While at the expo I bought a couple of shirts from 73Threads, which I got that these people are awesome! Custom shirts made right then and there. Awesome!


Day 33: Plan: XT | Actual: 3.20 mins XT
Rest Day before a race!

Day 34: Plan: Rest Day | Actual: 3.14 miles 
Hot Chocolate Run! I ran the 5k race this year since I had to go into work later in the afternoon, and the last two years that I've done the 15 I've been swacked tired! Running with my friends (we all did the 5k) and eating chocolate the end is the best thing in the world! This is my 6th year, and I love it! Yes, even with the fact that you park at the other end of Fair Park and have to walk a mile to get to the Automotive Building before the race, AND you have to walk a mile back to the car when you're done. Oy! It was nice to not hurry to get to work after the race. I fact, because I did the 5k instead of the 15k, I had time to take a nap before work! Nice!

Total Running Miles this week: 19.45 Miles 

Total Time Cross-training this week: 25 Minutes

Total Miles Cross-training this week: 0 Miles

Total Running Miles to Date: 70.96 Miles 

Total Time & Miles Cross-Training to Date: 02:05:00 | 0 Miles

 Do you ever feel a lot of self-doubt right before a race? 

Do you suffer from Seasonal Affected Disorder?

No comments:

Post a Comment