Sunday, February 11, 2018

2018 Weekly Fitness Recap - #6

A good but stressful week with up and down weather. What was your week like?


      WORKOUT RECAP : FEBRUARY 4 - 10


Day 35: Plan: 8 x 800 | Actual: 0 miles
Day after a race. I toooootalllly slept in for a bit. But then I followed The Hubs to work. I basically stood for 3 or so hours at the Expo window in the restaurant kitchen while he managed the kitchen. It was a lot of fun, but I definitely wore the wrong shoes! Ooops. The rest of the day was just for us to enjoy, and it was nice. 

Day 36: Plan: XT | Actual: 0 minutes XT
I slept in even longer today. So, so, so, so, so nice. We had a lunch at one of my husband's employees other restaurant gigs, which made his day. Then we hung out at Ikea before going to the grocery store. Overall, it was a great day.

Day 37: Plan: 45 min run (or a 5k run) | Actual: 3.11 miles
I felt like I had a good pace during this training run, but I never looked at the watch to see my pace. I ended with a 40 minute and change finish time. Eh, that must've meant my legs were tired still.

Day 38: Plan: XT | Actual: 15 mins XT
I need to be more consistent of my cross training. I need to do more than 2 reps for everything. I just don't feel like doing much when I get home from work at night. And... and I don't feel like getting up uber early before 7am to get it done either. But I gotta do something. The only way I can make a change is by doing something.

Day 39: Plan: 45 min (or 5k run) | Actual: 4.01 miles  
I woke up today a little later than I wanted, but since M wasn't going to work till a little later than he typically does I felt ok about that. I also woke up feeling that I wanted to 4 miles instead of my usual 5k. During my run I talked to myself on how to build more endurance, and basically decided that I need to try to run 4 or 5 miles instead of 5ks. When I can. It's my hopes that when I run a 5k race that my overall finish time will be better, and I won't feel like I'm starting to die at the finish too.

Day 40: Plan: XT | Actual: 20 minutes XT
Busy day at work. Then I got home to prep dinner. While it cooked in the oven I did a upper body workout with my dumbbells. Some days I feel like even though I'm trying to do this it's a lost cause. Obviously I cross-train and run because I want to be stronger and a strong awesome runner. But I also do it for health and hopefully some sort of weight/fat loss. Unfortunately, there are days (ok, a lot of them) that I get stuck on the idea that no matter what I do I'll never lose that fat, especially since I now know I did four years ago because I was barely eating, which wasn't the greatest of ideas. I keep telling myself that I just need to keep on doing what I'm doing and it'll get better. I hope.

Day 41: Plan: Rest Day 
A cold front moved in today, which made it chance nice running weather to COLD running weather for this weekend. I'm so happy to say that my running buddy HC has decided to do her long runs on Sunday now, and that I am finally matching her typical miles (around 10). That means we can run together at the lake! Yay! I'm looking forward to pushing myself past the doubt and reach what I dream what I want to do and be. I hope Sunday has a good run in store me.


Total Running Miles this week: 7.12 Miles 

Total Time Cross-training this week: 35 Minutes

Total Miles Cross-training this week: 0 Miles

Total Running Miles to Date: 78.08 Miles 

Total Time & Miles Cross-Training to Date: 02:40:00 | 0 Miles

 Do you ever get stuck on feeling like you'll never
have a break through? 

No comments:

Post a Comment