Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 Weekly Fitness Recap - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

I hope that you had a wonderful and safe New Year holiday! I spent my time with the family and my husband, and it was great!

I'm mixing things up just a little in 2018. This begins with temporarily putting on hold the One Mile A Day (OMaD) tag line. I kept it going for a while in hopes that it'd keep my motivated to actually get a mile in every day, but it didn't work. Hasn't worked for a while. Soooo, I'm going to switch my usual weekly update to "Weekly Fitness Recap." If I do pick up OMaD again, I'll certainly let you know.

So! First week of 2018, and I've already been thinking about the goals for the year (thanks to my 2018 Running and Heath Goals post from last week!). The plan is to get all my races lined up for the year with the exception of my full marathon since I'm still deciding on which one to run. I'll be posting a list of my races soon enough. To recap from late last year, I'm currently doing a Galloway training schedule (1min : 1sec intervals) to get ready for the Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half that's at the end of March. Granted with my plan to add more halves to year, I'll be facing a half marathon at the end of January! Yikes!

For weekly recaps, I'll share what my expected training schedule is and what I ended up doing. I hope that this will help me keep more accountable, especially with the cross-training bit cause that has always been something for me to fall off the wagon with!

      WORKOUT RECAP : JANUARY 1 - 6     

Day 1: Plan: XT | Actual: Rest
No cross-training today. M and I were driving home from different locales when the clock turned to 12am. But we got to hang out, had a snack and watched an episode of NCIS. I fell asleep before the episode was over. I totally slept in cause, mostly unintentionally, but also because Monday is our one day off together this week.

We were trying to make plans for today that included "us time" and "family time" since my brother and his wife was in town that. Unfortunately, we ended up working around the family schedule and it comprised our "us time" and we didn't go on a date. And the "family time" didn't work out since everyone took a nap when we got there. Great. I love my family, but really? 

Day 2: Plan: 45 min run | Actual: 3.15 miles
I woke up to find that it's still cold outside. I definitely didn't want run outside just yet. Maybe later this week and next week. I was a little late getting out the door cause I was tired and cold, but I made myself go. Another 5k in the books and it took about 42 minutes and another episode of Supernatural (this is still a creepy show!). Work was after that... same type of action, but I did set out to learn some new things. My brain hurts!

Day 3: Plan: XT| Actual: 0 mins XT
So. I really did think that I would be getting up early to do some kettlebell work outs before work this morning. But as usual, I snoozed my alarm. Plus, instead of doing just 20 minutes of something to wake up and warm up with I sat on the couch with a cup of coffee and a glass of water. Yeah. Oh well. After work I met up with my family, and we all had dinner at the resturant that M works at. I was nervous that they would not like it or worse. But, it went wonderfully! M and our friend MM came out to say "Hi!" and everyone. My hubs also bad every single dish we ordered too. It really meant a lot to him that everyone came down and liked everything. My sister wasn't able to make it with us, so I need to bring her down for a meal soon. 

Day 4: Plan: 45 min run| Actual: 3.12 miles 
I woke up a little later than I wanted. I'm blaming the winter season. My weather app said it was 26 degrees and partly cloudy, and it kinda looked it. I didn't want to run in such cold weather so I dressed for the treadmill and headed out. Buuuut.... when I got outside... it wasn't that cold. And there was the sun. Dammit. I'm not going back to change clothes. So, onto the gym down the block I go. I was running on my one treadmill in the corner, with a new setting to do different elevations (including negative ones) and after 1 Mile it shut down completely. Not to be turned on again. Ugh. I moved to the next one over and finished my run without playing with the elevation.

Day 5: Plan: XT | Actual: 20 mins XT
So I made myself get up after pretty much snoozing my alarm for about 45 minutes. The bed was waaaaay comfy! Lol! But I got myself to do a mini 20 minute work of some sorts. I felt like I had no "program" to go off of. I pretty much did one rep of different things to see what worked with my kettlebell. I did this since I felt like the kettelbell workout that I know by heart is getting boring and I need to mix it up. After work I swung by my family's house to say the official "Bye!" to my brother and his wife before they go back home to Houston. Then I was home to make a yummy beef and barley stew.

Day 6: Rest Day 
Ah, Saturdays! I get to sleep in (within reasons since I do have to go to work) on Saturday mornings. I obviously took that to an extreme this morning. Little did I know that I snoozed my alarm all the way up to 7:45. I have to leave work in an hour. Surprisingly enough, since I skipped breakfast, I was able to get to work right on time. On a happier note, I feel sore in my bum and triceps, which means whatever I did Friday morning worked! This gives me confidence! The weather is looking better down here, which gives me hope that I can run 5 - 6 outside tomorrow morning! Yay!


Total Running Miles this week: 6.27 Miles 

Total Time Cross-training this week: 20 Minutes

Total Miles Cross-training this week: 0 Miles

Total Running Miles to Date: 6.27 Miles 

Total Time & Miles Cross-Training to Date: 00:20:00 | 0 Miles





Do you have any recommended workout routines for a kettlebell you can share?

No comments:

Post a Comment