Tuesday, January 16, 2018

2018 Weekly Fitness Recap - #2

The temperatures this week have been like a roller coaster with lots of ups and downs. I'm happy that I get to run outside this week... just in time for another big cold snap! I've also introduced burpees to my occasional cross-training days.

      WORKOUT RECAP : JANUARY 7 - 13     

Day 7: Plan: 2 x 800 (or 5-6 miles)| Actual: 6.20 miles
Today I had the day all to myself with a little excitement at the beginning! The Hubs had to head out to work by 8am to be at work after getting home after 1am (life of a chef, I tell you!). Just as I about to make my turn into the park, I saw a poodle dog cross the road, but then stop. No one was around, so I made the assumption that he was out on an adventure and was questioning his choice. I pulled the car over and stepped out of the car and said, "Hi, baby" and patted me likes. He came right over. I saw that he had a tag and a number, so we got into the car and made it to the park so that I could call his humans. About twenty minutes later he was back with his owner and I ready for my run.

I ended up with a nice 10k distance for my run. I did my 1:30 intervals and it worked out well. Since it had been a while since I ran outside (Dude! This is my first run outdoors this year!) I was unsure on how to dress. I wore a tank, a long sleeve and a tee. I could've lost the tee but I never did. Since I had the delay with the doggie, I felt hungry a lot sooner than expected. I had little pretzel bites, but I'm not sure if they were the best thing to go with for fuel. Hmmm.

After my run I pretty much vegged in front of Hulu and binged on Bailey & Scott show from BBC before tidying up the home and running to the store for dinner ingredients. M actually got off of work on time for once, and it was so nice to have him home!

Day 8: Plan: XT | Actual: 15 minutes XT
This was a big day! I got up around 7 and did about 15 minutes of a workout. It basically consisted of doing some arm lifting with my kettlebell, 10 plank burpess (no pushup), and 10 horrible modified push ups. It definitely got my heart going, and I could definitely feel my abs ache a little during the rest of the day. M and I then got ready and did our adulting stuff - buy new tires for my car and go to the Social Security Office to have my name changed. Then we got to have a delicious lunch at Chuy's (it's Elvis' birthday!) and walk around the Galleria mall. Overall it was a great day! PS, we had Salvadorian Tex-Mex for dinner and I had pupusas for the first time. OMG, so good!

Day 9: Plan: 45 min run | Actual: 3.12 miles
I was so tired, but I still got out for my 5k. It was definitely slow going, but I got it done. After that, M and I picked a select number of wedding photos for a special album that our photographer is making for us! Then it's off to work. I was definitely feeling the burpees I did the other day cause when I would down a muscle in my ab would cramp!

Day 10: Plan: XT| Actual: 0 mins XT
I totally slept in. I was tiiiiired. I didn't get a workout in before heading out for the day. Total was a total test of being an adult - going to the grocery store when hungry and not just give up and eat junk food for dinner (cause I know there is puppy chow popcorn at home...). Also, a group of library friends were planning awhile ago to go rock climbing. But since two coworkers have had the flu... and who knows about the others who will be there... it's risky. I don't want to feel like a paranoid germaphob, but flu is a big thing. I have a half marathon at the end of the month that I'm registered for. Plus, I can't get M sick either! So, so far... I'm not going.

After running by the store, I made the Minestrone Soup from Shalane Flanagan's Run Fast. Eat Slow. cookbook. So good! I made some honey cornbread to go with it. So good! I love all the veggies. I'm a total veggie person!

Day 11: Plan: 45 min (or 5k run)| Actual: 4.16 miles
Omigosh! So I woke up today thinking two things...

1. It's probably cold outside and I forgot to wash my leggings last night. Then I read the weather news and it said it was in the 50s today before the temps drop with a cold front. I checked the weather. Currently a high of 57* with wind. Yeah, baby! Time for shorts and a tee (I should've picked a tank)!

2. During my coffee drinking stage of the morning, I read Hoppe Feet's article for Women's Running Mag (Four Foiled Attempts To Run the TCS NYC Marathon) that popped up on my Facebook feed. After being reminded of the lottery and time requirements for the NYC it got me thinking... Does the Marine Corpse Marathon have a time requirement. So I quickly researched it. It doesn't. It has a maintained pace requirement, which is good enough for me. I recently told Mark that I want to run the MCM some year. It's a a big goal of mine! Someday I'll do it!

I had a late start for my run, but the weather was nice. I totally got into it and ran 4 miles instead of the typical 5k. I knew I needed to push myself a little - out of the comfort zone. But also, I just didn't want to go inside. It made me sad to think that I'll have bring a coat, hat, and gloves with me for when I go home from work later tonight!

Day 12: Plan: XT | Actual: 20 mins XT
As usual... I missed my chance for a morning workout before work. I have to figure out a way to do this again. But! Since I skipped out on rock climbing after work I got home and did a 20 minute workout with my kettlebell. I'm proud to say that I did 20 burpees with little pushups! It just happened automatically! I had 2 sets of 10 reps in a sequence I made up! After that I it was dinner and binging on some of my Bailey and Scott show on Hulu. M got home around 1am or so, which I barely acknowledge cause I was already in bed.

Day 12: Rest Day
So apparently I hit stop instead of snooze on my alarm this morning, but I thankfully woke to M's alarm at 7:30. I honestly don't remember much about this day, which means it was uneventful, and perhaps a little dull!

Total Running Miles this week: 13.48 Miles 

Total Time Cross-training this week: 35 Minutes

Total Miles Cross-training this week: 0 Miles

Total Running Miles to Date: 19.75 Miles 

Total Time & Miles Cross-Training to Date: 00:55:00 | 0 Miles

 Burpees... Do you like/love them or hate them?
(I think I kinda like them!)


No comments:

Post a Comment