Saturday, July 15, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 28

A busy week that started with a great race!

July 9 - 15

Day 190: 3.11 Miles - Too Hot to Handle race! I was up and at 'em starting at4:30am. I hydrated really well on Saturday, which I think helped me in the morning. If I'm dehydrated or wake up thirsty it takes me longer to feel comfortable to get up. I was out the door around 5:50ish, and I was at Norbuck Park around 6:30. My running/walking friends/coworkers were set to show up aaaaaany minute. Well, more like 7am. Oh, well. I got their early and did my potty breaksss (plural). I was feeling good! The plan was to run with HC and MW, who have the plan to run intervals with a 11:20 pace and negative splits. I was going to run with them then peel off at the very end of the race to beat them (cause I'm very competitive during races, especially 5ks). However, we the corral moved up to the start line I lost track of where they were. I couldn't tell if they were in front of me or behind me! Gah!

I started the race with about a 10:25 pace. Way too fast, actually. But with the flow of people, I kept on running and told myself to "See how far you can go." I ran the first mile straight through. About 1.5 in I did a quick pause. Right around then was when the course loops back a bit. This was when I saw HC and MW. They were behind me by 0.25 of  a mile. I had to keep going with minimal if not no walk breaks until I had created bigger gap between them and me. During the last mile I did give myself longer pauses (I'd say about 10 seconds or so). My legs were definitely getting tired, but I had the drive to keep on going! My official finish time was 00:32:51. Not my fastest 5k finish, but I totally squashed my training time by at least 5 minutes! Yay!

A side note on the race itself: It was really good! I've done this race a handful of times before. The course is a a little different than the last time I ran the 5k, and I like it better. There were two water stations for the 5k. They track pads in pace 

After the race, we had breakfast at a place called Chubby's, and I treated myself to french toast and the works. Hee hee. But to be fair this was also my lunch, and it got me through work later that day. For dinner, M took me out to Pho and spring rolls. YUM! I spent the rest of the late night with my sister helping doggie sit. I pretty much gave the dogs and cats fresh water and I went straight to be I was so tired!

Day 191: 0 Miles - I had doggie duty in the morning, but I spent a couple of hours with Mark before a good friend/groomsman The Marine came over to do the wedding suit shopping deal. After all said and done a few hours later, we were back home again and release from our duties. We stopped by DSW to get some running shoes (he won't be running, but walking and cross training) before going to store to get supplies for our Cincinnati Chili night complete with Graeter's ice cream!

Day 192:  0 Miles - I had a hair cut appointment this morning, and I didn't wake up early enough to get a run in. Don't you ever feel soooo much better when you get your hair cut? I do! It's so nice! I spent the rest of the morning picking who to contact for a officiant for our wedding. And, we figured out our strength training schedule too. I even think he'll go for a walk in the park when I go run too! This is exciting!

Day 193:  0 Miles - I was off today because I worked on Sunday. So, I spent the day shopping for birthday presents for my besties, going to the grocery store, and spending time with my mom. Mom went to a family reunion last week, and she ended up with gobs of family photos. We spent a good hour or more going through some of them!

Day 194: 0 Miles - So. I went to bed last night thinking that I would run this morning, but I was so tired the motivation wasn't there. This morning, I snoozed my alarm so many times that by the time I was awake the temperature was already in the 80s. In my mind way too hot to run. Though I felt bad that I missed my run, I was home with M when our potential wedding officiant called us! So it all worked out!

Day 195: 0 Miles - I snoozed my alarm I don't know how many times.... but it equaled out for about an hour. Thankfully I was saved by the fact that I had to buy some supplies for work an had already told my boss that I would show up a bit late. Whew! After work I met up with my besties to have a Girls Night at Shakespeare in the Park eating some amazingly delicious pizza from Cane Rosso.

Day 196: 0 Miles - I woke up late again, but not as bad. I'm so ready for the weekend (even thought it's going to busy)! I already know that after my run tomorrow morning, I'm going back into my PJs and I'm going to the Netflix and Nap thing before M gets home from work!


Total Miles this week: 3.11 Miles

Miles to Date: 214.42 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment