Thursday, July 6, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 26

Seriously, where has the time gone! Once we got back from Cincinnati we were on the go for just life!

June 25 - July 1

Day 176: 0 Miles - I guess walking around the parks would have counted as mileage, but I don't care! We woke up later than planned on this day. But we checked out of the hotel within 30-45 minutes (cause we're awesome!). M took me to Busken Bakery, which is a Cincinnati staple and the place that M's grandma would give him cookies and cakes for his birthday. We bought some donuts, coffee and their famous sugar cookies. We ate breakfast in Ault Park in the Hyde Park neighborhood. M grew up in the park. It was so nice being able to eat out doors (the temperature was in the 70s)! Then we explored the park. I saw so many runners. I was jealous that I couldn't run. There were some serious hills in this park, and I knew that I'd want to come back in the future to run through the park.

We had lunch at Arthur's Cafe then had ice cream (one of the best ice creams in the world!) at Graeter's in Hyde Park Square. Then... Well, be basically went back to Ault Park and sat for a couple of hours talking about moving up here. One of M's relative is looking to invest/open some restaurants in a couple of years and offered M to basically help him. M dreams about moving up here every day, really. We left the park with not a lot of answers. We did know that we'd wanted to live near or in Hyde Park, which unfortunately is the place to be so it's pricier. We left for the airport earlier than we initially planned. Our flight was delayed for a while, but we got home to Dallas safe and sound.

Oh, and for sitting the park for a long time we ended up with some lopsided sunburns!

Day 177: 0 Mile - It was a slow day after a couple of appointments in the morning. We dinner at Chuy's (nothing like good Tex-Mex after spending the weekend in the midwest!) and we had a wonderful short visit from M's best bud Bri who was off from work. M and I still talked about moving to Cincinnati, and made some decisions that it'd be a life change that we may not be ready for, especially financially. But it was definitely not a "no."

Day 178: 0 Miles - Back to work!

Day 179:  0 Miles - I could've run, but I was still so tired from the weekend!

Day 180:  4.01 Miles - I ran for the first time in a week. It was crappy. The first 2 miles were butt heads. I was just telling myself that all I needed was a 5k. Then all of a sudden I got my second wind and I decided to run for 4. Then it was off to a really crazy day at work! I think of my 9 hour day at work, I sat down for about 01:45 of it!

Day 181: 0 Miles -I woke up this morning feeling like I was hit by a truck! What kept me going was the fact that I had only today and tomorrow to get to my extended weekend off!

Day 182: 0 Miles - Another very busy day at work, but it was my last work day before a four-day weekend! Yay!

Total Miles this week:  4.01 Miles   

Miles to Date: 190.69  Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment