Thursday, July 6, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 25

Busy week getting ready for a short trip to Cincinnati over the weekend!

June 18 - 24 

Day 169: 3.10 Miles -Remember that handful of Skittles on top of a Whataburger burger and fries? Big mistake! I had tummy troubles, which I thought went away after my morning pre-run routine... but nope! I had to cut my 10k/7 miler  into a 5k so I could get back home. Boo! Of course the moment I got home, everything calmed down for a while. Of course! Just after lunch, I headed down to my parents house for Father's Day. Wouldn't you believe my luck that half way to their house I realized that I left his card at the apartment! So I had to swing by a CVS to pick out a new card and get a Snickers bar for him Oh, and a big bottle of water for me. M came down after he got off of work an after a big nap, and we had a chili dinner with the family. Oh! And my mom had brought home some Czech Kolaches after a weekend trip to Austin. Yum! Then it was home again, jiggy jog!
 
Day 170: 0 Mile - There was a light thunderstorm in the early morning, which was nice to wake up to. My mom and I went to my wedding dress fitting. This time we were finalizing the hem length and the bustle! So exciting! Thankfully too the dress fitted practically perfect! I definitely can't lose any weight or the dress will be too big! Looks like I'm free to have the occasional donut now! Yay! Afterwards, M and I bought him some new shoes and visited his parents before going to the grocery store. This day went by so quickly! What happened?

Day 171: 3.11 Miles - I tried to get out to the park earlier so that it wasn't so hot. I got up 30 minutes earlier than my normal time. Regardless of when I got to the park, it was still muggy since nature was still moist from the rain on Monday! It was so hot, but my timing was better than on Sunday! I'm definitely going to make sure that I don't eat a lot of sugar the day/night before a run... This was something I did during marathon training, but after the races I have been bending the rules a little. Ok, ok, ok... maybe more than a little! :-P 

Day 172:  0 Miles -Rest day! M had to get up uber early for work. I dozed for a little bit after he left, but I had decided to empty the dishwasher, load it up with dinner's plates, AND scrub all the pots! All before I finished my first cup of coffee!!! What?! Who am I? I hate dishes! Lol. A work I focused on trying to get things prepped for my replacement for Saturday, which also includes getting some work done ahead of time for Tuesday, when I show up again. M made a delicious dinner when I got home.

Day 173:  0 Miles - So, I have a confession to make. I had ice cream the night before. I felt a little off tummy-wise this morning. Oops. It was already hot outside at 7am, and just knew that the mixture was not going to be fun... just like last Sunday. I took this opportunity to stay home to try to figure out what to pack for our quick trip to Cincinnati for the funeral. I'm meeting M's cousins and aunt for the first time (he hasn't seen them in 17 years too!), and I want to make a good impression.

I started to get insecure about how I looked, especially how my new bras make my boobs look bigger (ugh! something I hate) and my shirts a little tighter in the chest. I know that I'm not the leanest or the skinniest of runners, but I want to look like I'm not an overweight runner wanna-be (I can't believe I still feel like that sometimes!). Anyway, that's how I feel. Plus, I've been anxious about getting to the airport already on top of other daily pressures an "what-ifs".


Day 174:  0 Miles -A very busy day at work. However, I got to leave early so that M and I could get to the airport on time. When I got home I packed up my toiletries and changed clothes. Then we grabbed the cat and drove to my parents house. After talking and planning for about 20 minutes, M and I decided that we would drive to the airport ourselves. Parking was a bit of hassle, but that's what you get flying out of an international airport! Our flight was on time, and we landed early. However, once we hit the open road with our rental, we were stuck in traffic for nearly two because of an accident that shut down the highway. We made it to the hotel, then bolted to the White Castle that was next door for a midnight snack. Oh, so good!

Day 175: 0 Miles - M's uncle's funeral was in the morning. Meeting his extended family was really nice. The funeral was really nice too. Afterwards, we were treated to lunch at Skyline Chili, which is the best of the three chili bars in Cincinnati (in our opinion!). M showed me around the city and took me to Eden Park. The city is pretty hilly. The Flying Pig Marathon will need some serious training! We rested at the hotel for a little before we were picked up to have dinner at The Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse that's downtown and looks out on the Ohio River. That was so tasty too! Even the coffee and carrot cake! We walked along the river walk, enjoying the city's sights but also the Pride sights, which was fun. We got back to the hotel as the sun was going down. We new that we still had time to explore, but we were both so tired! We stayed in and feel asleep pretty quickly!

Total Miles this week:  6.21 Miles   

Miles to Date: 186.68  Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment