Wednesday, June 21, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 24

Life never seems to give you a break sometimes, right? If didn't you would be bored. On brighter side of things, I found two new recipes that the chef and I like a lot!

June 11 - 17

Day 162: 6.22 Miles -This was such a great day! M left for work and I headed out for a run a couple hours later. It was a great 10k run. It wasn't too hot, and a strong breeze helped. I felt like this was a solid run. I'm thinking I should be able to pull off another 10k the following Sunday or even 7 to 8 miles! Fingers crossed! After that I spent a portion of the day eating a delicious breakfast and coffee from the comfort of our couch while watching British mystery shows on Newflix (Has anyone watch Father Brown?). M got home. Instead of taking a nap he had energy and we ended walking down a Farmer's Market near our home. We got some delicious baklava from one vendor and some roasted coffee from another. Then we shopped at the mall. It was a great day!
 
Day 163: 1 Mile - M and I got our chores and errands done early (Gold Stars for us! Yay!). After lunch M went down for a nap while I watched some of my mysteries on Netflix.... aaaaand. I feel asleep too. Nearly 3 hours later we both woke up. We got ourselves going and had yummy tacos at a taqueria and did a wedding discussion. After dinner I went for a walk. We were up late talking, which resulted in a groggy morning.

Day 164: 0 Miles - I was exhausted this morning, and my stomach ached. I slept in till it was time to go to work. Then 30 minutes before I had to leave we got word on the date of a M's family funeral, and it was "Go Time." We both worked on asking for time off then searched for flights, hotel and rental car. I have to admit it was very stressful, but we got the flights taken care.

Day 165:  0 Miles - Another crazy day with booking a hotel during my breaks at work. I made Honey Sriracha Glazed Meatballs for dinner, and they were delish! M did made edamame with a sesame soy sauce to go with the meatball and brown rice. I found the recipe for Eat Yourself Skinny's blog on Pinterest.

Day 166:  0 Miles - I spent the morning looking into car rents and reserved a car. Now we're all set for the trip to Cincinnati! Whew!

Day 167:  0 Miles - I woke up with a "Go, Go, Go!" mode already switched on. I put away the dishes then loaded the dishwasher again. I had enough time for coffee and a little breakfast before I had to had out to work.  It was a good day. I had half the mind to go to the gym or do a workout in the apartment after work, but I never made it. We had a late dinner of Baked Firecracker Chicken and Honey Lime Quinoa. I found the chicken recipe on Closet Cooking's website via Pinterst. The quinoa was M's own creation, and included equal parts lime juice and honey to two parts olive oil. 

Day 168: 0 Miles - It was a long day but thankfully it also went by quickly! M had to stay until closing so we had a later dinner than before. Since we also had to get Father's Day cards, we ended up just going to Whataburger for dinner. Afterwards I was so full and yet still ate a handful of Skittles while we watched a movie. Ugh!

Total Miles this week:  7.22 Miles   

Miles to Date: 180.47  Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment