Wednesday, June 14, 2017

OMaD - Week 23

A rough week.... but all is good!

June 4 - 10

Day 155: 6.20 Miles - I woke up this morning with the thought, "Aw man, I don't want to go to work." Then I remembered that it was Sunday Runday! Yay! I was set on running a 10k, and that's what I did. It was very not as hot and humid as I was expecting, but it definetely had my lifting my tank up to expose my stomach so that I could cool down. M and I had a great lunch before running some errands.

Then it was our date night out; however, it turned into a disappointment. We went to the Kirin Court in Richardson. M had raved about it ever since we started dating, and we finally made it. We got there two hours before the restaurant closed. There were probably four tables filled in the entire place. We ordered a couple dim sum, and asked the waiter to give us a minute to look over the entrees. We never saw him again at our table. Someone else probably 30 minutes later if we to order an entree. We said yes, thinking the original waiter would come over. He never did and the second waiter then served other tables around us. Basically, that waiter eventually came back to us (20 minutes later) and ask if we wanted something else and told we wanted an entree and she took our order but also said that the kitchen had closed. Oh. Then we waited another 45 minutes for our entrees to be made. One buss boy finally asked if we were doing alright and we said we were unsure if we had food coming or not. We finally got our entree, nearly 2 hours after we walked in to the restaurant. We ate only a little bit, paid and left. It was so disappointing and horrible. Everyone else, even those who sat down after us, were served quicker than we were. I know sometimes there is a cultural thing, but for an establishment that is supposed to be dedicated to customer service... this was horrendous! I was so disappointed for the both of us, I almost cried.
 
Day 156: 0 Miles - Monday fun! M and I took a little adventure down to Ham Orchards in Terrell to get our Peach Pork BBQ Sandwich and homemade strawberry and peach ice cream. Then we shopped their store and bought gobs and gobs of pickled food! It was so much fun!

Day 157:  0 Miles - I was so tired from work that I was so happy to see bed time. Granted, I also didn't want it to be bed time because I didn't want to go back to work after the crazy day I had! I didn't run in the morning because I was so tired. I didn't want to move from bed.

Day 158:  0 Miles - Sooo tired again. Part of my exhaustion is being dehydrated, and I worked on drinking more water. However, I just couldn't do it. M and I had a really basic dinner of spicy rice and fried eggs since we were so tired from work.

Day 159:  0 Miles - No run this morning either. I forced myself to drink enough water that I was peeing every 20 minutes if not shorter than that! I'm disappointed that didn't go run, but I if the inside of my mouth felt like sandpaper then I know better than not run but to recoup my water.

Day 160:  0 Miles - The first of two long days. M worked double shifts, which meant he had to go to work before I did and come after I do. All during work I was thinking about heading to the gym for a little bit after I got home, but the moment that I did.... I saw on the couch for a minute and I was gone. No hope for me!

Day 161: 0 Miles - Second long day. I get up to see M off to work, so I pretty much am uber tired in the morning. I made sure that I drank a lot of water help the body out. It was so busy that I didn't leave for lunch until 2:30! I headed over to Starbucks to get a sandwhich and a tea. It was so good and rewarding! Haha! M an I spent the evening with a pizza and a movie.

Total Miles this week:  6.20 Miles   

Miles to Date: 173.25  Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment