Friday, April 21, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 12

So I dropped off the face of the planet after my run with the Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon.... read on to find out where I've been and what I've been up to!

March 19 - 25 

Day 78 13.30 Miles - So that cough I woke up with the Saturday before? Yeah, I was getting a cold. I thought it was nothing. Allergies. Nope. A cold. I basically ran the Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon while (1) developing a cold, which had already gone to my lungs so my breathing was a little off, (2) under trained cause I've been so busy and a wimp, (3) it was that time of the month, and (4) My pre-race fueling was off. The race, which really really like - if not love - was so. hard. to. run. Half way in my endurance was leaving me. Everything below my hips were in aching pain and were going numb with all the lactic acid. But I pushed through. I finished. Sub-3 hours, which was great, but it was definitely not the finish I was (unrealistically?) hoping for.

To add to the chaos of the day, I had to take the train back home to my car, so after I hobbled out of the finisher shoot to sit for twenty minutes before hobbling to find my bag drop and getting to the station... I had to sit on a metro train for 45 minutes to get home. In one position. Talk about agony.

Then! I had set this day as the day that my family, bridesmaids, and M and his mom would meet up to work on our Save the Dates. Because of timing, I didn't eat anything all day long with the exception of some healthy snack food. I was so tired. In pain. Still developing a cold. But the fact that everyone was having fun (the meeting of the Moms went great!) and we were working on something for my wedding gave me energy.

M fed me Chinese food to help me out afterwards. Then I begged him to cut my legs off because they were in so much pain that I was crying.

Day 79: 0 Miles - Thank God it was my dad off from work. I was sick. I had a fever all day. I'm a slug. I could not even get myself pack even one box. Moving day was 11 days and I have so much stuff. But I did nothing. M took me to Thai food to help with my congestion, but it was so spicy that my tummy could eat only a little.

Day 80: 0 Miles - No running today. Made it to work. Still coughing.

Day 81: 0 Miles - No running today. Made it to work. Still coughing. g.

Day 82: 0 Miles - No running today. Made it to work. Still coughing. .

Day 83: 0 Miles - No running today. Made it to work. Still coughing.

Day 84: 0 Miles - No running today. Made it to work.... and ... still coughing.

Total Miles this week: 13.30 Miles

Miles to Date: 94.36 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment