Wednesday, December 28, 2016

OMaD - Week 51

What a week! My ran my full marathon! Then it was onto Christmas thinking!

December 11 - December 17

Day 346: 26.60 Miles - BCS Marathon day! I can't believe I ran another 26.2 race! All day Saturday, I would realize, "I'm running 26.2 miles tomorrow." I was pretty calm yesterday and when I prepped in the morning. I had woken up at 4:30am to get some coffee going and making my waffles (actually brought my toaster to the hotel). Around 6am was when I was getting nervous cause I had to leave the hotel to be driven to the start line. It was warmer than I was expecting, and I didn't need to worry about a rain poncho! I did my usual portapotty stops before the race. Me, my fiance, my running buddy HC and her hubby hung out for the 30 minutes before the race. During the race, HC dusted me right after the first water station. She was in my sights for a while before she was completely gone. I was running my own race and didn't care too too much! Anyway, Between Mile 13 and 15 I grouped myself with an experienced married couple who were doing intervals and entertaining enough to distract me from my tight hamstring. Anyway, I stuck with them until Mile 25 then it was on my own. It too my 06:19 and some change to finish. That's slower than my first marathon last year, but definitely not 06:30, which I was suspecting. I'll write more details in my review later on, but I have to say... I cried after a volunteer put a medal around my neck. All the hard work and I did it!

Day 347: 0.0 Miles - After getting home yesterday I strapped the Tens unit on and believe that helped me to feel how I felt today. I slept a lot this morning, with breakfast (cinnamon roll and coffee... in bed) in between, and felt good by the time I did get of bed eventually. I could walk just fine, squat and sit on the floor. I only had one major achy spot on the side of my thigh, and that was pretty much it! Nice! I went to see my parents for lunch before meeting up with my fiance for dinner. All day today, I felt itching to run or to find a new race to run (such as another full marathon!). I think it was withdrawal from my runner's high!

Day 348: 2.60 Miles - I felt good today! I went to the gym for a light cycle to get some my restlessness out.

Day 349: 0.0 Miles - First rest day for the reminder of the week!

Day 350: 0.0Miles - Nothing! I was tempted, but knew it'd be best to fully rest. I guess.

Day 351: 0.0 Miles - I'm so ready for a sleep in day! 

Day 352: 0.0 Miles - Looong day at work. I'm ready for the holidays!

Total Miles this week: 29.20 Miles

Miles to Date: 846.70 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment