Wednesday, March 23, 2016

OMaD - Week 12 Recap

One week until my first half marathon for the year! I'm not sure if I trained enough, but there isn't much I can do about that now!

March 13 - March 19

Day 73: 0 Miles - It was a gorgeous and wonderful day with my love! We had coffee near White Rock Lake. Then I was introduce to the Bishop Arts District! I want all days to be like this one!

Day 74: 0 Miles - The time totally slapped me in the face this morning. So after much debating and talking to my mom I had decided not to run this morning like I usually do. Instead I slept in a bit more than had a nice breakfast before heading up to Denton to visit my bestie JM. It ended up being a girls night with KJ over for cinnamon rolls and coffee and girl talk.

Day 75: 3.22 Miles - This was a rough 5k. I got out late. I think my shoes have had it - they have about 365 miles on them - and caused my knee and lower legs ache. There was clear blue skies, but it was warm - around 68 degrees, which was the warmest/humid day I've run this year. Looks like on my last run on Thursday will be in awaiting pair of Saucony Omni. Good thing I have them an I don't have worry about going to the running store to get a new pair.

Day 76: 0 Miles - Rest day! Whew!

Day 77: 3.15 Miles - I was up and out the door by 9:30am. But it was chilly and windy and I wasn't dressed for it. So I bugged out of running outside and headed to the gym. I got a solid 5k in, which nice. I never know how many miles I should hit when I'm tapering for a half marathon since I haven't really followed any training for this distance for a long long time. I will probably pick one for the SeaWheeze in August. On the plus side, I wore my new pair of Omni 12 and I felt good!

Day 78: 0 Miles - Can I get a bit real here? All day I ate relatively healthy yesterday. Maybe a little too many roasted potatoes with my eggs after my run, but oh well. I tried my hardest to drink water all day after my coffee - I even added lemon slices. When I got home from work I snacked on some Triscuit, cheese, and Sriracha. Not too bad. But then after doing a couple of chores and getting in comfy clothes, I decided to get a spoonful of peanut butter and a jelly. Well, that turned into multiple spoonfuls. I spent the rest of the night and now this morning seriously worried that I'm out of control with my eating. And I'm worried that I won't be able to stop, especially since my boyfriend and love of my life is a chef (you know that they make good food!). I have portion control issues. I have gained at least 5 pounds and a pant size since Thanksgiving (right at my peak of marathon training), I'm afraid the scale is going to keep going up despite all of my running and healthy eating attempts. I've talked to my bestie JM, and she promotes Weight Watchers (she's lost so much weight and looks so amazing!), but I'm not sure if I can do that yet. Plus, it's so much money that I don't have or am willing to spend on that (I'm traveling a lot this year and I have to save up for potentially something big next year). I feel a little lost right now.

Day 79: 0 Miles -What a busy day! It started out relaxing enough. Coffee with MS before we had lunch at Wich Which. Then it was down to the Dallas convention center to get my packet for the half. After the seamless process of getting my bib and race shirt we walked the vendors and nothing spoke to me (my wallet rejoices!) other than getting large size bottles for my Fitletics belt. After the expo we went next door to the Dallas Automotive Show where I totally scored some awesome Girlfriend Gold Stars! Then it was home for a little rest before we headed back into the city to join my running buddy HC and her hubby at the Beef Team dinner! Mmmm... steak! Afterwards I got my gear in order, drank two water bottles worth of water (a pinky promise I made with MS), and I was asleep by 11:30. 


Total Miles this week:  6.37 Miles

Miles to Date: 124.83  Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment