Monday, March 7, 2016

OMaD - Week 10 Recap

Not a bad week! We're finally into March, and looks like Spring is coming!

February 28 - March 5

Day 59:  0 Miles - Today was our Monthiversary. For brunch, I made my first ever Blueberry Puff Pancake, which MS loved! Did I mention that he's a chef? After brunch and just talking, I headed to off to work before going out to a coworkers "Going Away Dinner" afterwards. We ate Fish City Grill, which was my first time. It wasn't too bad. The fried pickles were tasty. My entree was the Quinoa, Kale, Salmon Salad, which consisted of kale, quinoa, spinach, broccoli (all chopped into smaller pieces) and topped with almonds, dried cranberries, orange zest and a grilled salmon filet. The dressing was a white balsamic vinaigrette. It was pretty tasty, I gotta say. I could've eaten more since the salad was on the smaller side, but I kept reminding myself that I'm trying to be good and not eat as much.

Day 60:  8.08 Miles - I was so incredibly tired this morning. I kept on waking up throughout the night, and when morning came I couldn't get myself to wake up. I finally did and finally made it to the lake. My goal was my usual 9 mile run, but I made the first mistake... starting out too fast. I was probably averaging about a 10:30 - 10:45 mile. It burned my legs out right at the turn around 4 miles. I walked a lot toward the end. I thought I could pull through and get myself to pass my car, which I have to do, to get the 9th mile in, but the closer that I got to Mile 8 my body was saying I was done. I also made a second mistake. I didn't bring any fuel with me. At Mile 6 I was hungry. Closer to Mile 7 I was really hungry. I couldn't imagine going for another two miles starving and not feeling awesome because of it. So, I stopped at 8 miles. I was a little disappointed, but I knew it was better than running for a shorted distance or not at all. Next week I'll try for 9 again. After that I had lunch then proceeded to pass out hard. When MS called me later I had woken up about 30 minutes before and finally made a cup of coffee, which helped my swimming head.

Day 61: 3.15 Miles - Spinned for a 5k in the gym. I tried to do a kettlebell workout, but my legs were tiiiiired. So I did some core and that was it. I'm starting to think that maybe I should spin on Tuesdays. Then Friday or Saturday morning do the kettlebell workout. Hmmm.


Day 62: 0 Miles - My started out a lot earlier than normal. I was up and about at 6:43am doing chores. I ran a load of laundry, I took a big box of broken down boxes, paid my rent, swept and mopped the floor and wiped down the bathroom. I didn't get to the bathroom floor nor the dishes, but all in good time! And I was right on time for work! Yay me!!! Oh, and while I was cleaning I had Pandora playing and this gem popped on. Oh, the memories...


Day 63:  7.01 Miles - What a beautiful day! My goal, running wise, was to get 6 miles in. Though, knowing how I tired I've been all week that I may not hit that. Well, it turns out that I got 7 instead. I ran an extension trail to the park I run through planning on getting up to Mile 4 before I got back to my two mile marker, but I didn't feel like turning around mid-trail. So yep, I was totally awesome yesterday! Granted the last mile was a little tough (I've been finding that I start to hit the wall at this distance). But what made it totally nice was the 65 degree temps, clear blue skies, and gusty winds. The wind gusts were pretty strong, but since I was running later in the morning (I slept in) it was nice to be cooled down and it helped me keep my pace in the 11:00s (a lot of head wind). Since it was my day off from work I got some chores done around the apartment before MS came over. He taught me how to make marinara sauce then to turn it into a rose sauce (marinara with cream). It's so incredibly easy and so good tasting! After dinner it was ice cream and Dexter time!

Day 64: 0 Miles - After work today I met my two best friends (JM and KJ) for some cuban food. It was so deliciously, but what was better was just talking to my girls about life. I didn't get home till midnight. Hee hee! What helped with that was we had some coffee and turnovers for dessert.

Day 65:  0 Miles - A tired morning from having a girls night the night before. A great but busy day at work, then MS came over so that we could have some the awesome tacos at Resident Taqueria. Then we got our Dexter on!

Total Miles this week:  18.24 Miles 

Miles to Date: 99.10 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment