Tuesday, March 27, 2018

2018 Weekly Fitness Recap - #12

I'm a little late in posting this (oops!). It's the week before the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon (my second half of the year!)! Eeee! I can't believe it! I'm excited, but a little nervous since I know this course has hills. My goal is to run this race better than I did last year, which hopefully shouldn't be hard because last year I woke up with the beginning stages of a cold (what are odds are to be sick the same week two years in the row?), my period started (of course), and I was stressed cause later that afternoon my friends, mom and M's mom were getting together to make our wedding Save the Dates. Oh! And add to that... the I wasn't running as much because of the wedding planning. So! I have goal set for a better finish time all-together and to conquer the hills stronger than before. Wish me luck! :-)

Image found via
http://www.gymquotes.co/category/
motivational-quotes/page/6/

WORKOUT RECAP : MARCH 18 - 24

Day 77: Plan: 10 - 13 miles| Actual: 10.13 miles 
I woke up, naturally, at 5:30 this morning, and I instantly looked over at the window. There was no rain. I checked the weather on my phone... no rain in sight for hours. I got myself up and made some coffee and began my pre-run routine. I ran a flat route at the lake. I feel waaay better than a couple of days ago, but I did cough up some fun stuff from my lung during the drive over. The weather was cloudy/partly cloudy with a high 60 - 63 degrees and humidity at 96%! Whew! One runner that was just finishing as I parked was drenched in sweat. Granted, he was a very strong, long distance runner (the thigh muscles told me that). I didn't sweat as much as I thought I would, but it was a good run. I listened to a couple of podcasts to distract my mind. The first 5 miles I did the full 60:30 interval and made myself walk the 30 seconds. The last 5 miles I tried to run through the 30 seconds at a slower pace. I didn't do it all the time - just by judging how I felt. Whatever I did actually shaved 2 minutes off my average time, which was kinda cool. I'm just happy that I was able to run 10 miles without dying. Now that I have some junk in my lungs, I was worried that it was going to affect my ability to run the half marathon next week.

When I got home M was making me breakfast, which is very special since it's been a loooong time since he has been able to do that. We had a delicious frittata with caramelized onion and turkey sausage and pancakes. YUM! 

Day 78: Plan: XT | Actual: Rest Day 
In some respects, this was a normal Monday for us. We a nice restful morning with a french press, then we had lunch out. This time though he grabbed some coffee and spent a little while at his parents house. We hadn't been there since Christmas since we've been so busy, and it was time see them and tell them the goings-on. After that... the grocery store. One of the most exciting things was we made pizza from scratch today. I can't wait to do that again!

Day 79: Plan: 45 min run (or a 5k run) | Actual: Rest Day
I woke up late with cramps and little motivation. So I didn't run. I didn't necessarily regret it, but I feel so out of shape (even though I ran 10 miles two days before this morning). Do you ever feel that way? I left M home to clean (I think he's settling into a temporary house-husband role nicely) while I went to work to make mo' money.

Day 80: Plan: XT | Actual: Rest Day
This was a looong day at work. But I got to talk to my Mom on the phone during lunch today and catch her up to speed on the goings-on at our place. Wen I came home the apartment smell so delicious cause M made a chicken pot pie from scratch while I was away. Omg! It was soooo good! I was very excited, and M didn't know what to do with me. He had never witness my pot pie love until now! Hahaha! I can't wait for leftoevers tomorrow!

Day 81: Plan: 45 min (or 5k run) | Actual: 4.23 miles
I was having weird dreams, which on some weird subconscious way I knew it'd be sometime during the 6am hour. I opened my eyes and I saw that it was 6:30am, and I forced myself to get out of bed. If I was going to go run I needed to prep now and not later if I wanted to have a relaxed morning with M before work. The weather was great for a run. Sunny but not hot. Just cool enough. I felt good for the most part, but it was definitely a hard run since I've didn't run on Tuesday and I've been neglecting my strength training. But I got just over 4 miles, and I'm happy. I'm going to try to remember to do a shake out run on Saturday or something of the likes so that I'm ready for Sunday.

By the time I got to work I was crampy and tired, but  Ibuprofen, a cup of coffee and a Werther's Original piece of candy helped me out. Plus... I had my pot pie leftover (with an accompanying salad) to look forward to!

Day 82: Plan: XT | Actual: Rest Day
All day at work today I would wave from excitement for running the race on Sunday to questioning my ability do what I want accomplish at the race to insecurely comparing myself to someone else I know is running the race. For the last part, the mean part of me tells me that I'm a better runner than the other girl, but then the nice part of me goes it doesn't matter at all. I know I always say that I want to beat my running buddy HC in a race, but that doesn't always happen. I also know that I should never compare myself to someone else and that it's ok that I didn't "beat" everyone, and that I should just try beat my old self. Anyway... I think part of my insecurity is that everyone likes this girl and she's a "walk on sunshine" type of girl and tries to be apart of the crowd even if it comes to fibbing and not putting all the work to gain the achievement, but people like her anyway. Why am I caring and comparing about this person? Cause maybe I want to be liked too. But I also like being the awesome, sarcastic, and slightly pessimistic self. I'm really trying to let this go and to be better.

After work, Mark and I headed down to my parents house to help get things out of the attic. My other brother and his wife in Houston just bought a house and will need all of the stuff that parents have been storing for them.

Day 83: Plan: Rest Day | Actual: Rest Day 
Race Expo day! After having some sandwiches at Jersey Mikes for lunch, M and I headed down to the expo downtown. The  expo this year was a little underwhelming in the vendor selection, but I was really looking to buy a lot of stuff. I did buy myself another Brooks bra. What was cool this year was that they had shirts with all the women runners names on it them, which is a lot of like what national fencing tournaments would do back when I was a fencer. The downside was they had my maiden name and not my married name on it. So, I didn't buy it cause if I'm going to spend the money then I want something with my new name on it. Lol. After getting home to take a name, we then went to a Beef Team dinner at a steakhouse. It was nice having dinner with HC too, which is also part of the team. Back home, I got all my gear together and laid out ready for the morning.

Total Running Miles this week: 14.36 Miles 

Total Time Cross-training this week: 0 Minutes

Total Miles Cross-training this week: 0 Miles


Total Running Miles to Date: 174.47 Miles 

Total Time & Miles Cross-Training to Date: 04:55:00 | 0 Miles



How much do you run
the week of/before a half marathon? 


How do you stop comparing yourself to others?   


No comments:

Post a Comment