Tuesday, February 23, 2016

OMaD - Week 8 Recap

I swear... and promise!... I'll do better this time! I really need to crack down on my nutrition. I'm not happy that I still have my extra padding around the middle. I miss me old pants, especially since I can't find the next size up in the stores right now.

February 14 - February 20

Day 45:  0 Miles - Happy Valentine's Day! My sweet, MS, and I spent all day in our PJs watching the second season of The Walking Dead. We had a very tasty and savory brunch of Shakshuka and challah. Then he cooked me a surf and turf dinner. I made him two types of rice crispy treats, one made form Fruity Pebbles (so pretty!) and one regular. They didn't stand a chance between the to of us! So tasty! We don't do too much of a Valentine's thing because romance should be all year round, but he did made a framed picture of me that has a special meaning to the both of us and gave me a sweet little card and love note. I got him the new James Bond blue ray and bag of gummy bears.

Day 46:  0 Miles - Well. I had intentions on running. But after a day of eating a lot of food and treats the day before, my tummy wasn't happy. So, I pretty much hung around at home with the kitty cat and watched NCIS. I did talk to my lovey about a training schedule that is conducive to our days we can see each other. We discovered that we really like having brunch on Sundays around 11am. I After working Saturdays, I do like sleeping in and meeting up for lunch since stead of getting up at an not-so-fun early hour to run. So basically, for now, I'm going to be switching to a long distance run on Mondays, cross/strength-training on Tuesdays, and medium distance on Thursdays. Depending, I might be able to add another cross-training day if I can get MS to come with me to the gym. Of course, when I go into marathon training mode this will probably have to change, but I have time to figure that out.

Day 47:  4.51 Miles - I hit the gym to cycle for 30 minutes, which is where I got my 4.51 miles. Then I did a 20-minute kettlebell workout. I'm trying to drink more water and not eat all. the. time. We'll see how it goes! I'm trying really hard to ignore the chocolate and yogurt covered pretzels that are in the work lounge as I type this!!

Day 48:  0 Miles - Nothing today but work, meetings, more work before I got to hang out with my honey. We watched the first episode of Stephen King's 11.22.63 on Hulu with tasty sandwiches and an ice cream cone. I was also hit with some serious cramps that not even ibuprofen could kick (which it typically does).

 

Day 49:  4.02 Miles - Despite feel like my insides were killing me at 5am, I got out and ran four miles later in the morning! Yay! When I got to the grocery store, I needed some chocolate and opted for this. I gotta say, this is pretty darn good tasting! And... I ate the entire bar... Hee hee.


Day 50:  2.03 Miles -I've gotten into the habit of waking up around 6amish (and sometimes not!). I had made a goal last night to run 3 miles in the morning on the treadmill before work. I managed to get to the gym just before 7am, but I could only do 2 miles because my legs were tiring out too quickly. Well. Better than nothing!!!! Yay, me! I wish, however, that it had helped my mood. I was grouchy alllll day long until I got home.

Day 51:  0 Miles -This was a multi-cup coffee day. I pretty planned on cracking open one of those single serve instant Startbucks coffee thingy during my lunch hour, but right before that happened my boyfriend MS surprised me by stopping by work to deliver a cup of delicious coffee from The Pearl Cup coffee shop! Love all around!

Total Miles this week:  10.56 Miles

Miles to Date: 65.50 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment