Sunday, February 14, 2016

OMaD - Week 7 Recap

The week after my first race of the year! Boy, did I feel it! I also starting to see a glimpse of an actual training schedule forming for me. We'll see on how it goes next week and if I can keep it up!

February 7 - February 13

Day 38: 0 Miles - I was achy after the Hot Chocolate Run the day before. But, boy did I feel it today! After a very relaxing morning that included some muscle ache cream (the first time I ever tried it, and it wasn't too bad), I met up with my two besties J and K for our monthly get-together. I took them to Ramen Hakata in Addison. These girls had never had real ramen before, and it was high time that I introduced them to it. And to Chashu Buns. Their mind were blown! Oh! And I started watching The Walking Dead with my guy MS. Yep. I'm hooked!

Day 39: 3.12 Miles - Knowing that I would be achy again in the morning, I decided to go to the gym to cycle. After a 5k distance I went to the privacy of my own apartment to do 15 minutes of kettlebell work. During that time I watched an entire episode of NCIS, which is awesome since I'm trying to catch up to M. The rest of my day was waiting in line at a county office to turn in my passport renewal form only to learn that if you type it out online and print it... you have to MAIL it yourself. Ugh. I spent the rest of the afternoon with my mom before doing laundry and cuddling with my cat.

Day 40: 3.24 Miles -I couldn't run this morning, so after work I headed to the gym. While I killed it on the treadmill I watched an episode of NCIS and totally had an "oh my god! what!??" moment when I watched Ziva's dad Eli and Director Vance's wife Jackie are killed. I ran an extra 0.14 of a mile to watch the end of the episode before I walked back to my apartment to snack on yogurt and watched the next episode! I have to say... I stayed up waaaaay past my bedtime watching more episodes.

Day 41:  0 Miles - It was so hard to wake up this morning! But I did it! My NCIS binge made me so tired, but then again I woke up all of a sudden at 6am. So I popped another episode on and watched half of it before I feel back asleep.

Day 42:  4.20 Miles - A nice mid-morning run with a good sprinkling of hills mixed in. It was a good training run, and I was glad I got 4 miles in instead of 3. I still had plenty of time to chill and get ready for work at a relaxing pace too. Bonus!

Day 43: 0 Miles - Nothing today, just work work work. But MS and I went out to dinner at Resident Taqueria for the very first time. Omigosh! Some of the best tacos ever! 

Day 44:  0 Miles - More work that I don't want to do. I was so happy to see the end of the work day!

Total Miles this week:  10.56 Miles

Miles to Date: 54.94 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment