Tuesday, February 9, 2016

OMaD - Week 6 Recap

Race week! I couldn't believe that the Hot Chocolate Run was this Saturday! Exciting!

January 31- February 6

Day 31: 0 Miles - I'm liking this sleeping in on Sunday morning versus waking up to go run. But it still feels a little weird since I spent August through December of last year training for the marathon, I was up and at 'em Sunday mornings. I'm sure once I get my butt kicked a bit at the 15k this Saturday, I'll be back to my old schedule to be ready for the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in March.

Day 32: 6.20 Miles - Monday's mid-morning run! It was in the 50s, and when I looked out my windows it was clean blue skies and sunny. Whoa! So I picked out one my tank tops and my running compression shorts. Slapped on some sun lotion on my arms and shoulders. Then I got caught texting my mom for a couple of minutes. By the time I got out to the park, the sky was overcasted, and it there was an occasion cooler breeze hitting me. I pulled on my arm warmers at the last minute then hit the trails. I had a fast pace going into the run, and if I had put my mind to it I could get myself back up to that faster pace if I was slowing down. I was hoping that I could do up to 7 miles, but on top of working harder towards the end of the run I also had a time limit. Oh! I was listening to the Green Day Pandora station and this popped on! Talk about a blast from the past!




After my run I spent the rest of my day at my parents'. I spent all day pretty much craving the tuna fish sandwich I mentioned last week! Yum! I'll need to try to make it real soon!

Day 33: 0 Miles -Kettlebell workout! 30 minutes of fun! I actually like doing these workouts. My legs felt a little jelly-like when I was trying to hurry through getting ready for work, and when I drove out to run a Target errand before work as part of a silly surprise for my guy. Walking in non-supported shoes (aka girly shoes) when you have jelly workout legs and when you in a rush cause you are do not want to be late for work is HARD! But I was extremely successful in this special errand.

Day 34: 0 Miles - So, I've been really bad at taking my iron pills and other supplements. The results? Yep, you guessed it. I'm tired a lot. I was ready for a calm date night. We had to run some errands before dinner, which ended up being Jack in the Box cause errands ran so late. But we soon enough were snuggled up on the couch to watch a cheesy, but good episode of X-Files.

Day 35: 0 Miles - I could've gone for a 5k run this morning. I guess. But I stayed in bed. It was COLD outside again! Hee hee. Besides, I desperately had to go to the grocery store before work, which I knew would take some time, and I didn't want to be late for work again. So, it's a rest day. I want to make sure that I'm good and ready to hit that hilly course on Saturday! Also! On this day, I have decided that after Saturday, I will only have two. Count 'em two. 2. Dos. Deux. Zwei. Desserts per week. A coworker bought three packages of cookies in today. So I had my full of Chips Ahoy to the point that I feel like and think I look like The Oatmeal's Blerch. Ugh.

Day 36: 0 Miles - No work out today. Though, I which there was. I spoke a very crotchety person at my local postal. I had called asking if appointments were needed just to drop off a completed passport renwal form and needed documents. She talked to me like I was idiot. Thanks.

Day 37: 9.43 Miles - Hot Chocolate Run 15k!!! This is the fifth year that I have run this race. This race as the first that I have ever run. This year was the first time I've run the 15k. Also, this was my first Beef-sponsered race so I got to wear my Beef Team jersey! My mom was running 5k along with my bestie J. Me, H, and JP waited inside the Automotive Building until it was time for the 15k runners to get in the corrals. What it all the more exciting that my guy made it to the corral just before my start to wish me a good run, and he was there at the finish line! Awwww!!! After the run, Mom, my guy M, and I hung out in the Automotive Building laughing till we snorted (a good sign between parent unit liking M). I had to go to work the rest of the day, which made me pretty tired. But M made Breakfast for Dinner (pancakes, eggs, hash browns, and sausages) for me! Yum!

Total Miles this week: 15.63 Miles

Miles to Date: 44.38 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment