Wednesday, May 20, 2015

So It Finally Happened....

It finally happened. After making the decision in the days leading up to Christmas last year... After a year of not giving into peer pressure (seriously, this wasn't a peer pressure thing this time around - I made this decision on my own).... After already making plans for my fall training season....

I have registered for my first full marathon!


AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Whew. OK. Got that out. Yes! I registered for the Dallas Marathon this morning!!!! 

I'm a bucket of full of emotions!

I'm excited!

I'm anxious!

I'm badass determined!

I'm scared!

I'm.... I'm.... I'm....

I'm a runner facing a new adventure.

My running friend and seasoned marathon runner J thinks that I'm ready for a full marathon, which is really reassuring for me. I'm really hoping that I will stay injury free as much as possible and everything that I need to prove to myself (and not) and to others will pay off!

Not wanting to dwell on things that will fuel the anxiety part of my emotions.... I had a lull at work and did a little research to make this moment on the upbeat and fun!


As you guessed it.... I looked it up!

For me, according to how many calories I burned during my last half marathon, I would maybe burn just over 3000 calories.

That's approximately eating one selection of the following... 

  • 438 regular M&Ms
  • 478 dark chocolate M&Ms 
  • 144 peanut M&Ms
  • 75 strawberry Twizzlers twists
  • 27 cups of Froot Loops cereal
  • 12 Oreo cookie Klondike Bars

Maybe I should keep a list going of things that I could eat after running a marathon (or during training) that I should not eat just (it'd certainly help when it comes to staying on track with my nutrition!). Oooh, more fun to be had!

 So! Starting in August - Marathon Training! Whoo hoo! 


Images found here

No comments:

Post a Comment