Friday, May 15, 2015

OMaD - Week 19 Recap

One Mile a Day challenge update with lots of rain, humidity and eating "normally."


May 3 - May 9  

Day 117: 3.12 miles - I was lazy and didn't get back to my weekly 9 mile run on Sundays. I was hoping for a 10k, but ended up doing a 5k instead. I felt so disappointed that I didn't do 6.2 miles. Maybe I should've tried harder? I remember having tired legs, I paused my Garmin during a water break and forgot to start it again after I had already run another 0.20, and my left foot kicked my bruised ankle a couple of times too. Ugh. But I had a great day afterwards - spent the day with Jennie, watched her daughter's soccer game, and I ate healthy. Oh, and I got to speak to my friend J about my marathon training! Looks like I have a good training plan going - though she wonders about the 2mile interval idea that my running buddy H is wanting to do.

Day 118: 0 miles - I didn't really do much today. My best friend from Tennessee was in town and we finally got to meet up. I tried La Madeleine for the first time. Then we walked around the giant mall in Frisco for a bit before we really started to talk about the heavier things that has happened to us since the last time we saw each other a year ago (away from the ears of her teen who was with us), which was emotional for the both of us. Then it was a semi-healthy dinner at the food court. I had a plate from Panda Express. My biggest portion was the veggies, then a small portion of chow mien (yum!) and a small portion of Orange Chicken (double yum!). It was a good day. Beautiful weather. I love and miss my friend D so much. Maybe I need to consider visiting her again for my vacation in August.

Day 119: 0 miles - Oh. My. Holy. Crap. What. A. Day. Work started out well, but I was almost in a wreck during my dinner hour (complete with a coworker in the car!), then there were some big issues at work when we got back (and I'm in charge of the facility while the boss is out for a week), but the work night ended well and calm. But I got a Frosty and my first Diet Dr. Pepper in ages on the way home. Then I dumped a nearly empty bag of cat food on my cat Jackson, and for a while he wouldn't stop complaining. At least I didn't go out for my nightly walk with my Frosty cause otherwise I would've had gotten caught in the rain that started not so long after I got home. Can I just stay in bed for the rest of the week??? My boss isn't allowed to leave for a week during the Full Moon phase. Not. Ever. Again!

Day 120: 6.75 miles - Cross Training Day! I was able to use another elliptical with a working TV screen, but the sound didn't work! Ack! Closed captioning worked fine and I got an episode of Survivor in. Got to see Mom after my workout for a bit as she helped me work on some things with the apartment. In all, not entirely a bad day!

Day 121: 3.12 miles - First. I lost my Garmin. Well, it's more of misplaced, but it really felt like lost. I posted my dilemma to my friends on Facebook in hopes that it would initiate Murphy's Law and it would appear.... And it did a couple of minutes later! Yay! I squeezed in a 5k run before the storm hit, which meant I had to face some serious lightning way off in the distance. The farther I'd run the closer it would get. A little scary. Ten minutes after I came back inside the storm it. After my shower, I discovered that the re-caulking of my windowsill done my by apartment's maintenance crew only fixed one leak. I, in fact, have LOTS more! I'm a runner-turned-Little Dutch Boy Girl tonight!

Day 122: 0 miles - After a long day at work I went out with a coworker to her little girls night out at Brick House Tavern + Tap. For the record the Zucchini Curls are awesome. The Filet Mignon Salad is awesome. The Candied Bacon in the salad - AH-MAZING! The Apple Crisp dessert is sooo good. Washed it down with lots of water and some Angry Orchard. Totally a pig out day, but it was so worth it! Got home so late I went straight to bed. I need to hone in the big meals and get back to running more. I'm suppose to run 13.1 training run on Memorial Day! Ack! Granted, the weather needs to cooperate with me!

Day 123: 0 miles - Another quiet and long day at work. Almost had a friend convinced to come over to be a guinea pig for my first attempt ever at cauliflower pizza, but it didn't happen. My pizza was pretty tasty. A little salty, but I think I didn't use the right salt. I started to doze off before I realized how late it got.

Total Miles this week:  13.09 Miles

Total Miles Thus Far: 262.76 Miles




How was your week?


No comments:

Post a Comment