Saturday, December 9, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 49

First full week of December! Whoo hoo! To be honest... I wrote this post each day during the week, but on the very last day when I added the entry for my race... I lost all of it! So, what we have now is a rewrite of my week. It may be a little sparse here an there, but you'll get the idea of what happened!

December 3 - 9

Day 337:  5.01 Miles - For this day I had planned between 4 - 5 miles pending on how I felt. I felt good, especially with the fact that I was able to zone during the run. I did work a little harder towards the end and I tired! Interestingly enough, my average pace was a slower than last week's 5-miler, but the finish time is the same.

Day 338: 0 Miles - Rest day! The hubs and I had the day off together, and it was awesome!

Day 339: 3.11 Miles - Another 5k run in the books. The cold front blew in today, and it was chilly! What I liked about this run was even though I felt slow, I had negative splits! Mile 1 - 14:04, Mile 2 - 13:53, and Mile 3 - 13:12. 

Day 340: 0 Miles - Rest Day! M and I had the day off again, which was great! We went up to the Frisco area. First I had to pick up packets for my little running team for the Frosty 5k. The experience of pick up seriously needed some better organization, but oh well. After that we had an adventure in Ikea! I love me some Ikea!

Day 341: 3.11 Miles - Now, I thought that the cold front on Tuesday was cold. I was wrong. The real one hit overnight and I was faced with a training run in 20 mph wind gusts and 29 degree wind chill. Now, that's cold! Brrr! I did a 5k and it felt that it took forever.

Day 342:  0 Miles - Another rest day! I took the time to dream about another full marathon. So far the BCS Marathon is in the lead for my 2018 goal. I had such a good experience with that marathon.

Day 343: 4.13 Miles - Race day! I woke up at 5am, and I just wanted to sleep, but I got up anyway. While I had my coffee I made a new playlists of punk music to run to. After getting stuck in traffic for a little bit, I made it to the race. Running buddy HC and I ran the fun run mile to warm up, which was a great steady 11:13 finish time of running straight. For the 5k, I was hoping to beat HC, but she booked it fast and left me in her dusts. That being said, my attempt to keep up with her ended with an awesome finish time of 00:30:40, which is 14 seconds slower than my PR set in 2015 when I was at my lightest weight. Overall, I've pretty happy!

Total Miles this week:  15.36 Mile

Miles to Date: 367.78 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment