Sunday, December 24, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 51

One more week till Christmas! AAAAAAHHH! I'm not ready! We're not ready! Christmas came up just as quickly as Thanksgiving for us. It'll be the new year before you know it!

I'll have to admit that this week I struggled with keeping my sweet tooth in check, especially since I have gobs and gobs of coworkers are sharing holiday treats like its the newest trend. While I appreciate their generosity and holiday spirit, the Scrooge side of me (especially my tummy) is not entirely happy with my lack of strong will!

December 17 - 23

Day 351:  5.11 Miles - I feel like this was a solid run. I stuck to the 1min : 30sec interval running, and it worked out well. Yay!

Day 352: 0 Miles - I did about 20 minutes of strength training with my kettlebell before M woke up. Hee hee! Pretty much the rest of the day was focused on Christmas shopping for the family.

Day 353: 3.24 Miles - I woke 6am to a loud thunderclap. Since then I had trouble getting back to sleep, which completely sucked since by the time my alarm went off I was tiiired. Today was an extremely rainy day, so it was a easy treadmill run at the gym. Even though I prefer running outside, I do like the idea of catching up on a Netflix show while running too. My overall time was around 44 minutes, which is slower than usual for my 5k runs, but treadmill running is different for overall. Next time I'll have to up the speed. Also today, M started his new job! Whoo hoo! I took a picture of him before he left, pretty much just like a mom taking a picture of her kid on the first day of school. Lol! 

Day 354: 0 Miles - Rest day of sorts! I spent this morning at work getting scared about doing the Cross Timbers 5 miler in February. It's a race that my buddy HC talked me into doing (I have yet to sign up for it, but I have the day off) to get me to do something different. I'm worried it's too technical and I'll hurt myself. Or get a lost. Oh, and not to mention I have drive about 1.5 hours to get there (hopefully we'll carpool). At least it's in the winter time so there shouldn't be any bugs or snakes to worry about. Anyway, I googled the heck out of the hiking trial to get more insight, and I FB messaged the Hubs. Basically, at this point I know that I'll join the race as a way to get myself out of my comfort zone and try/learn/earn something new. It's going to be something I'll have to work towards preparing myself for.   


Image via
http://www.gymquotes.co/motivational-quotes/
you-have-what-it-takes-dont-ever-doubt-yourself
/
 
 Day 355: 3.12 Miles - I was up and at it a bit early this morning. I forced myself to get out of bed right at 7am. I had a deadline. Apparently, I apartment complex's power was going to shut off for an hour starting at 9:30am. That mean I needed to make sure that I was at the park by 8 to start running and give myself time to get home, eat and shower before this all happens. So! I did. My run went really well. There weren't very many people there, which was really nice. I did have to pee the entire time thanks to the fact Parks and Rec locked the bathrooms for the winter (boo!). The run itself was great, and I'm feeling like 5k is comfortable now. I average around 00:38:00 and some change finish time. I had the thoughts that I could definitely push myself on some runs to improve the time, especially since I did that at my last 5k race earlier this month. Oh, and by the way. The power never went off. Of course.

Day 356:  0 Miles - Last night I tried to make myself go to bed. I was in bed by 10pm, but I couldn't nod off. I eventually started to right when M texted he was coming home from work. But then a huge fight broke out at the corner bar and woke me up. Basically, I hung out with M while he ate and I eventually fell asleep next to him on the couch while watching a show about Bigfoot on Netflix. It was definitely close to 2am when I stumbled a comfy bed. So... fast forward, not too much, to later this morning and I snoozed my alarms so many times that I was a late for work! Needless to say, I did not get any cross-training in.

Day 357: 0 Miles - Last work day before Christmas! I couldn't wait for this day to end! I was very much a grump this morning and most of the day. What was great was my parents stopped by after they picked up their new puppy, and I got to snuggle with her for a few minutes!

Total Miles this week: 11.47 Mile

Miles to Date: 382.42 Miles

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment