Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 1

 Happy New Year to everyone! This is the third year that I 'll be keeping up with some form of One Mile a Day to see if I can improve myself. I can tell you now that I will not be training for a full marathon this year because of the time constraints I will face when I should be spending my time planning my wedding. So this year, I'm going to focus on half marathons an overall fitness.

Right though... I'm recovering from being sick!

January 1 - January 7

Day 1: 0 Miles - Happy New Year! I got sleep in a bit, and my fiance made me a breakfast, which ate most of! Yay me! With my throat hurting so much I can barely eat because of the pain, and because of the pain it would make stomach hurt. So, in the end, I small amount of food for the past few days and would have to eat every few hours. After breakfast, we pretty much binged watched The Walking Dead in between naps. It was a nice and quite thing to do while everyone else were out doing their thing.

Oh! And I wanted to share with you what I had shared what I did on this day in 2016:


 Day 1: 0 Miles - I totally slept in this morning. Instead of running I had brunch with the guy and his best friend and his wife. It was so nice to just chill and not rush!
Aw, I still called MS my "guy" back then!

Day 2: 0 Miles - Another day off. I was so tired, probably because I wasn't eating very much all day. The downside was that I was late. 

Day 3: 0 Miles - The last bit of the painful stuff in my throat went away today! I'm not out of the woods yet since I'm still having sinus congestion, but I can finally eat normally! Yay!

Day 4: 0 Miles - Rest Day, as usual! I had so much energy today it was wonderful! I got a lot done at work! I also emailed a couple wedding photographers with my fingers crossed that they reply. One emailed me later in the day, and she sounded wonderful!

Day 5: 3.15 Miles - My first run of the year! I ran on the treadmill since it was too cold for me to run outside, especially since I'm almost done recovering from being sick. I finished the run strong and at a fast pace, which felt nice even though it made me a little light-headed. A older gentleman walking a few treadmills down from me started asking me questions when I was cleaning up and stretching. He asked how long I typically work out, which I saw was about and hour tops. He joked that I must be on the Olympic team, and I said I wasn't. I was a marathoner. We talked a little bit before I left. I totally felt awesome afterwards because a complete stranger acknowledged my fitness! I also started doing push-ups this morning too. It was only 15. 5 regular position and 10 on my knees. It's gonna be hard to do the regular position because I SUCK at it!. But it's my goal that by the end of the year that I can do regular push-ups like it's nothing!

The rest of my day was pretty awesome! My fiance had a job interview in the morning and was offered the job on the spot! Yay! We're both very excited because he no longer has the burden of finding a job by the end of the month (the contract for the kitchen he works for ends this month and all the cooks are forced to find new jobs. Talk about pressure and stress!). Plus, it'll be able to help narrow in our search for an area to move to in a couple of months!

Day 6: 0.0 Miles - I did 15 push ups. It was hard! I suck at regular push ups! This was a good day, but I was so ready to be home. I had written an awesome proposal for work and found out that it may not be a viable program because the director hasn't made up her mind despite telling me that I need to this. Ugh! We had one of our favorite comfort foods - Chinese. It was delicious, especially the Hot and Sour soup that soothed my throat!

Day 7: 0.0 Miles - I had a busy day at work, and it was a lot of fun. Afterwards I made some really good junk nachos. Tomorrow my hubby-to-be is gonna help me work on my apartment! 


Total Miles this week: 3.15 Miles

Miles to Date: 3.15 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment