Tuesday, May 15, 2018

2018 Weekly Fitness Recap - #19

Alrighty! Here we go... I'm trying to get back to getting myself into the swing of things. I'm still recovering from my non-running related injury, but I feel good enough to go for a run this past week.



WORKOUT RECAP #19: MAY 6 - 12

Day 126: Plan: 10 - 13 miles| Actual: Rest Day
My husband is the best. He took me to the Dallas World Aquarium, specifically to see the sloths. I heard that the aquarium had sloths, but I have never gone. I. did. not. realize. how. close. you. get. to. one. of. them!  The first one was a three-toe sloth and he/she was sleeping on a branch literally 3 feet above my head. I was so excited happy that I almost pulled a Kristen Bell and cried. The other three two-toed sloths were in enclosures an sleeping too. We explored the whole aquarium, and stopped by the gift shop (he bought me a pocket-size sloth stuffed animal), and on our way out we visited the two-toes one more time and they were awake and eating. So cute! After the aquarium we went back home before we having a nice dinner at Frankie's Mexican Cuisine.

Day 127: Plan: XT | Actual: Rest Day
We did grown-up stuff ranging from getting my car inspected to going to the grocery store. We stopped by Whole Foods to buy some dates from the bulk bins. During my break M introduced them to me, and OMG, I love them. While M made dinner (black been burgers with guacamole) I made a batch of oat bran muffins (recipe found here http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/low-fat-high-fiber-blueberry-bran-muffins-205891). I made muffins last week with blueberries, but they didn't turn out so great. The reason for that I did not soak the oat bran. People, soak the oat bran first. Lol. I added in some spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cardamon) to the dry mix and folded in diced pears. Oh, and I added in a bout 1/4 cup of flax seeds. These muffins are so pretty and yummy, especially warm with a little bit of butter.

Day 128: Plan: 45 min run (or a 5k run) | Actual: 3.13 Miles
So this morning I went out for a run. I managed a 5k in 36 minutes on a hot morning! Wow! I'm felt happy (though a little cautious cause I'm not injury-free yet) while I was running. The sun was out. There was a breeze. Wildflowers are blooming and there was a beautiful scent in the air. Aaaah! I missed running so much. I could definitely tell that I lost of my fitness during the break. I need to work on my abs and my breathing, but I hope that this is a good start to picking up running again.

Day 129: Plan: XT | Actual: Rest Day 
I thought about doing some cross-training but I was way too hungry to do it when I got home.

Day 130: Plan: 45 min run (or a 5k run) | Actual: Rest Day
No running today. I was getting ready for it, but I wasn't feeling physically good about it. So I didn't go. I took the time to talk to M about overall health and saying that he needs to go to a doctor for a check up since it's been so long. He hates doctors and anything about healthcare and insurance in general. That being said, he agreed to making an appointment.

Day 131: Plan: XT | Actual: Rest Day
I knew it was Friday cause it was Pay Day, but my brain kept on tricking me into thinking it was Saturday. Boo!

Day 131: Plan: Rest Day | Actual: Rest Day
Saturday wasn't so bad, but I was sure happy to be home.

Total Running Miles this week: 3.13 Miles 

Total Time Cross-training this week: 0 Minutes  

Total Miles Cross-training this week: 0 Miles

Total Running Miles to Date: 251.6 Miles 

Total Time & Miles Cross-Training to Date: 06:45:00 | 0 Miles


Hope you all have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment